marianne's musings

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

thirtyone years

Friday, March 10, 2006

thirtyone years... i have been alive for thirtyone years. some might call me granny (kristine), some might think i am still a bit young, and some might not give much thought to it. i was not one who freaked out when i turned thirty last year, nor did i freak out turning thirtyone this year. there are so many wonderful things i have done in my life and so many more wonderful things to do.

wednesday was my birthday. two of my old friends (kerri - since she was born a year after me and amy - since junior high) and i got together to have lunch. both amy and i were celebrating our birthdays this week. the three of us have been through so much together over the years and have been more in touch and less in touch depending on our phases in life...but we always come together...we're like family. both kerri and amy have children...watching their children grow is amazing...so sweet. when amy and i arrived at kerri's house, nolan, her two year old, was calling out "merryman!" little kids always struggle with my name....to my young neices i also was aunt merryman. nolan had a huge smile on his face. isabel, her four year old, was excited to see us too. she looks so much like kerri did when she was four....blond hair full of static, butt chin, and a huge smile.

i love that god has given me amazing people in my life! and even in this time of uncertainty, i can rejoice in the wonderful life i have been given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home