marianne's musings

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

the trip



so florida...overall, the trip was ok. i enjoyed playing in the ocean with my nieces. and of course, with my fair skin, i did burn a bit in the sun. died laughing when my mom wiped out on my niece's boogie board and then flashed everyone on the beach as she tried to get up (she was laughing too). we all had fun go-karting and water bumper boating. the week was good with little drama....that is, until the ride home. after being the driver for the first 12 hours of the day (through rain, several accident sites, loads of traffic, and my youngest niece's frequent outbursts) we joined an almost stopped traffic jam in nashville, where the tornadoes that had gone through the night before wiped out part of the freeway. at that point, my sister decided to criticize my driving skills, which did not go over well with me. we have since apologized to eachother. and i remain happy that i went along on the trip to florida. it is always strange being in florida on vacation on the gulf side rather than being down there for family stuff in the fort lauderdale/miami area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home