marianne's musings

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

hope

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

in the midst of my job search, i have tried to remain confident and hopeful that the right job and circumstances would come along. at different times, i thought i had discovered what i was looking for only for something not to be right....they weren't what i was looking for, i wasn't what they were looking for, funding for the position wasn't there, etc. then out of the blue last week, everything started picking up and suddenly i found myself in a whirlwind of activity. three different serious opportunities, and the possibility that one might be flying me out to los angeles. it did not bother me that by the end of the week i had rejected one job possibility and another job possibility rejected me, leaving me with one option. i was so excited about the job in l.a., and feeling so thankful, that finally, after trying to be so patient, something was happening. all of this led up to easter. this easter i have had time to reflect on what it truly means for me and the rest of the world. and as i sat in my family's home church, pastor dominique spoke about hope. i had already been thinking about a quote i had heard recently..."hope is the ablility to hear the music of the future; faith is having the courage to dance to it today." peter kuzmic... i guess god really wanted to put hope in my heart and mind. yesterday, i was told by the guy in l.a. that they wanted to slow down the process, which deflated me just a bit. but today i remain hopeful of the possibility. and if it is not this than it is something else. i know there is a place for me...i know there is somewhere for me to share all the gifts that god has given me. i am building up the courage again to dance today.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home