marianne's musings

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

spring

Monday, May 08, 2006

so spring is here, now almost summer....and i am loving it. the lush green, buds and blooms, and amazing smells (like the lilac trees all through the neighborhood). most evenings i go for a bike ride around the neighborhood with my mom, and we just take in all that spring has brought. yesterday, i think spring made me a little crazy...when my niece emma(6 soon to be 7) was showing me the latest from her gymnastics lesson, i decided to join her in doing cartwheels. so without stretching or much thought and in my jeans and nice shirt, i do a cartwheel...totally pulling something in my leg. but do i stop...no...i keep on doing cartwheels and then join in races to the tree and back. today, my body is screaming of its thirty-one years. but i am still convinced i would have been fine if i had stretched a little first. despite my sore leg, i am so very happy spring is here. and i look forward to doing many more cartwheels with my nieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home