marianne's musings

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

running down the isle

Monday, May 22, 2006

yes, running! my friends mike and ruth are now married! to capture a bit of their individuality and love of adventure, they decided to run out of the sanctuary to the theme music of the amazing race. so just after they kissed and were introduced as husband and wife, the music started and they took off running down the isle, with all of us bridesmaids and groomsmen doing the same. thankfully i did not wipe out in my floor-length dress and take down phil with me, nor did anyone else.

the week i spent just outside of chicago was a great one. i enjoyed being a part of my friends' wedding and i enjoyed catching up with some old friends. during the first part of the week i stayed with my old lafsc apartmentmate, lisa and her husband brian. we get together every couple of years...it had been a while since our last visit. the second half of the week i stayed at a hotel with my old l.a. roommate heather (matron of honor) and her daughter katie(flower girl). and then during the wedding festivities i was able to catch up a bit with old l.a. friends gavin and phil...and meet phil's wonderful fiance denise...who loves to dance...just like me! now mike and ruth are off on the honeymoon in thailand, continuing their life of adventure together!

i am thankful for all the wonderful people god has brought into my life throughout the years. and i am thankful for friends who inspire me to be a better person, express my creativity, and change the world. and i am thankful for friends who like to cut loose and dance!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kami Rice said...

Welcome to bloggerland! I added a link to your blog on my site. Good to get your email update today.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! you didn't fall. You were great! Thank you again so much for all of your help that week and the day of. thanks for reminding me to ditch the crazy photographer and have my quiet time!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home